Monday, June 27, 2011

The Lily of the Desert( Aloe vera)

Aloe Vera is called “the lily of the desert” and “the plant of immortality” due to its luxuriant growth in the deserts and at home, even in our kitchens without much care with the rare content of affording human life the essence of immortality and risk-free sojourn. It is both internally and externally applicable with the vast option of taking it as medicine and applying it over our bodies and wounds and even going further in treatment for beautification of our skin and body. It is 95% water and the rest 5% of amino acids, enzymes, glycoprotein, vitamins, minerals and essential oil.

According to Wikipedia

Aloe Vera also known as the true or medicinal aloe, is a species of succulent plant in the genus Aloe that is believed to have originated in the Sudan.[citation needed] Aloe vera grows in arid climates and is widely distributed in Africa, India, and other arid areas. The species is frequently cited as being used in herbal medicine. Many scientific studies of the use of extracts of Aloe vera have been undertaken, some of them conflicting.[2][3][4][5] Despite these limitations, there is some preliminary evidence that Aloe vera extracts may be useful in the treatment of wound and burn healing, minor skin infections, Sebaceous cyst, diabetes, and elevated blood lipids in humans.[4] These positive effects are thought to be due to the presence of compounds such as polysaccharides, mannans, anthraquinones, and lectins.
How it helps?
·        Reduces high blood pressure;
·        Protects kidney and prevents kidney stone;
·        Cures sun and radiation burns;
·        Tones down arthritis pain;
·        Halts growth of cancerous tumors;
·        Treats skin irritation with rubbing of extract and taking its thick juice as medicine;
·        Gives oxygen to skin and energizes it;
·        Checks the growth of acne and eczema;
·        Irritation arising out of insect attacks and bites are cured;
·        It prevents blisters and decreases swelling;
·        It is a no-reaction antacid;
·        It helps in smooth functioning of  kidney, liver and gall bladder;
·        It helps in digestion and lymphatic circulation.


Post a Comment